Admissions Policy and Procedures
- The admission policy of our school complies with the requirements of the Gauteng Department of Education. The school gives preference to Learners who reside within the NATURAL CATCHMENT AREA of the school. This is the area closest to the school by the way of registered roads or access. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion. Students are admitted solely on the basis of availability of places.
- Please take note that this is only an APPLICATION FORM and NOT an ENROLEMENT FORM. An Enrolment contract must be completed and submitted to school to have a child fully enroll at our school.
- An applicant/learner must comply with the age compatibility of the grade for which he/she is applying.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview or an entry examination with the Principal where it is deemed necessary.
- Where applicable, the most recent academic report and transfer cards from previous schools will be taken into consideration.
- Non South African citizens require residence or study permits before full registration is confirmed.
- Acceptance of an application for admission to the school does NOT imply acceptance into the school.
- Learners and parents must feel comfortable with the basic ethics & school rules of the school before registering.
- The school Uniform policy, Learner code of conduct and other regulations are expected to be observed by all registered learners.
- Registration fees, Admin fees & Library fees are non-refundable.
- Notice to discontinue studies or deregister from school must be done in writing a full calendar month before the child is removedfrom school. Deregistration will only be valid with approval of the Parent and Principal.
The overriding principle regarding entry to Royal Kings School at any stage is that offers of places will be made to those pupils who are, in the opinion of the Principal, most suited to the style of education provided at Royal Kings School
No boy or girl will be disadvantaged in any of the admissions procedures as a result of disability, religion or ethnicity. All admissions are made in accordance with the School Admissions Policy.