The Board of Directors is the guardian of the School’s mission. It is the Board’s responsibility to ensure that the mission is relevant and vital to the community it serves and to monitor the success of the School in fulfilling that mission.
Role of Trustees
- Support and promote Royal King’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Select, support and nurture the Head of School.
- Set policy and focus on long-range and strategic issues. An individual Director should not become involved directly in specific management, personnel, or curricular issues.
- Stay fully informed about current operations and issues by attending meetings regularly, coming to meetings well-prepared, and participating fully.
- Make RK a top philanthropic priority and generously support the RK Fund and capital campaign.
- Understand RK’s financial statements, capabilities, and needs.
- Be familiar with the School’s bylaws and operations.
- Accept and support Management decisions.
- Listen carefully, communicate respectfully, and keep all Board deliberations confidential.